Magnificent huge world map 1831, 111'' x 74''/ 280 x190cm, Antique wood, Vintage canvas, Iron elements
This victorian map is ready for purchase! You will receive this majestic wall map in a few days.
Overall size is 111'' x 74'' // 280cm x 190cm
About this fabulous world map, perfect for your huge office or living room wall:
- Giant unique old map, beginning of 19th century. Superb colors, perfect accuracy of the very rich content. Circumnavigations with rich notes from captains logbooks (marked voyages of James Cook, Vancouver, Columbus....). On the map is written where&when James Cook was killed, when Van Diemen's land was discovered, many notes while observing oceans on the great voyages, Africa's and Australia's inland were still mostly unknown areas...mysterious world...
- You and your guests will be able to comfortably read each of the map details.
- High resolution map with hand made antique finish on cotton canvas with distressed edges.
- Frame: over 100 years old rustic hard wood (hand-carved woodworking), stylish finials & raw iron nails & hangers.
- Map will be safely shipped in a large plastic tube straight to your address in a few days.
A true conversation starter!
It's a unique masterpiece, and this content-rich map always attracts attention of your guests, visitors in your office, company, restaurant, living room ... and believe me, people always love to discuss different themes (traveling, geography, politics, medieval times, history&origin of wines..) standing next to the map, with a glass of wine or fine old cognac...
Have a look at other old maps in our studio (click)